Musical Director Vacancy with the Morriston Orpheus Choir
- possess a professional musical background with practical experience as a Musical Director
- have a working knowledge of traditional Welsh language songs
- conduct the Choir in its normally busy concert programme at a variety of venues some of which will involve overnight stays. 20 - 25 events a year have been the norm in recent years
- hold rehearsals twice a week, currently Wednesday and Sunday evenings
- be ready to introduce new music to the repertoire whilst maintaining the Choir’s cultural links with Wales
- possess good interpersonal communication skills and a forward looking attitude which will assist the Choir's future development
- utilises good communication and people skills to enable team working with accompanists, choristers, and the Choir committee.
- there will be a formal interview and a practical demonstration of conducting
- references will be required and referees may be approached
Applications with an attached CV should made by Email to the Choir General Secretary, Mike Skone at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 15th August 2021.