Back to products
This is the Choir's first CD under the baton of Joy Amman Davies. The CD brings together a mix of the traditional male voice pieces with some new ones specially arranged for the Orpheus.
- Nella Fantasia. - Originally written by Enrico Morricone for the film "The Mission". Arranged for the Orpheus by Joy as a leaving present for the Choir when she finished as our accompanist. Little did we know she would take up the baton and record the piece.
- Deus Salutis - Translated as"O Jesus, let Thy spirit bless" The piece has returned to the Choir's repetoire after a time away.
- Deep River - Traditional Spiritual arranged especially for the Choir by former MD & current organist Leslie Ryan.
- Let All Men Sing - Could there be a more apt piece for the Orpheus to record?
- Gwyr Harlech - This piece, recognised throughout the world thanks to the Stanley Baker Film ZULU, and used traditonally as a concert opener, is set down here for posterity.
- The Rose - Written by Amanda McBroom and used as the theme for the film of the same name. The piece has long been a favourite with Orpheus fans. Here recorded with a new twist.
- Y Delyn Aur - "The Golden Harp" , another Orpheus piece from days gone by brought back into the repetoire.
- I'll Walk with God - Featuring former MOCSA Winner Andrew Rees, this song made famous by Mario Lanza in "The Student Prince"
- The Prayer - Originally a hit for Andrea Bocelli & Celine Dion, arranged especially for the Choir by Joy Amman Davies
- Nidaros - This stalwart of the male voice choir world is always a favourite of Choir supporters, climaxing in the finale of "The Dawn"
- Cabaret - From the film of the same name, this piece encourages the listener to "come hear the music play". An ideal invitation.
- One Day I'll Fly Away - Written by Sample & Jennings, and originally released by Randy Crawford, this was also the main theme from the film "Moulin Rouge" and features the Orpheus at its most romantic best.
- Comrades in Arms - The emotional and moving "Comrades in Arms" says exactly the mood of the Choir united in song.
- Lisa Lan - A haunting Welsh Folk Song
- Abide With Me - The traditional hymn in an unaccompanied arrangement for male voice.
- Time to Say Goodbye - Featuring Adriano Graziani and Natalya Romaniw. The perfect end for both concert and this CD